Make a Claim

We understand that this may be frustrating and sometimes even confusing.  It is important that you call us, as soon as possible on 2343 0000 to let us help you through the claim process 


Our Head Office opening hours are as follows: 

Winter Opening Hours

Monday - Friday from 08.30 till 17.15

Summer Opening Hours

Monday - Friday from 08.00 till 17.00


Guidance on the scene of the accident 

Keep calm 

  • In case of a simple bumper to bumper collision, you do not need to call the Local Wardens or Police Authorities unless any injuries were sustained
  • You must simply complete a Front-to-Rear form together with the third party involved.  Keep one copy of the form thus ensuring that you have full details of the other party and the relative insurance company
  • If anyone was injured during the accident, it is important that you contact the Police authorities to call on site 
  • If nobody was injured during the accident, you must contact the local wardens on 2132 0202 to call on site
  • Any accident, unless the collision is a bumper to bumper one, must be reported to the Police/Wardens
  • Do not move the vehicles until the Police or Wardens have taken the necessary measurements and markings
  • If you have a camera, it is recommended that you take some photos of the road and the position of the vehicles
  • Keep a note of the basic details of the third party – vehicle registration number and insurance company
  • Contact our office as soon as possible 


Report a claim 

When you call, please have the following information/documentation handy: 

Your motor insurance policy number or your vehicle registration number

  • Your valid driver’s licence
  • The date and time of the accident
  • A brief description of what happened
  • Insurance and contact information of the other persons involved
  • Details of the Police or Wardens report  


Motor repair  

Let us help you choose the right repairer for the job

Elmo Insurance Ltd is one of the insurance companies which supports the Quality Vehicle Repair scheme. QVR has various repairers across the island, search for the right repairer on


Car rental 

If you are in need of a replacement vehicle following a traffic accident, we recommend Messrs Unicar Hire Services, Gzira (Tel. no:  2345 8706) for a reliable replacement.  Whilst you are free to choose any rental company, Unicar Hire Services has an agreement with our company to supply cars at an agreed and approved rate 


Motor Claims FAQs 

I have never been involved in an accident before, what do I do? 

If you are involved in a car accident, please contact our claims office on 2343 0000 and speak to one of our representatives, who will guide you through filing a claim  

How long do I have to file a claim? 

It is recommended that you inform us of a possible claim as soon as possible.  If you are unable to complete a claim form online or call personally at our Office, you should inform us by phone and lodge a temporary report 

Do I have to pay any part of my claim? 

The majority of policies do not carry an excess. However, this depends on the contract you signed when you insured your vehicle with us.  You may have opted to pay a lower premium and increased your policy excess in case of a claim.  You will find this information on your policy schedule.  Alternatively, you may contact our Motor Department on 2343 0000 for further clarification 

What are my options for vehicle repairs? 

You may repair your vehicle at any garage of your choice.  However, we recommend that you choose a repairer that has been QVR certified.  QVR Certification ensures that the repairer has been properly trained and equipped to repair your vehicle in accordance with the procedures required by the manufacturer, in such a way that it would not compromise the safety features or the resale value of your car.  QVR has various repairers across the island and you may refer to them on the QVR website

We make no distinction in payment between claimants who choose a QVR repairer and those who choose a non-QVR repairer and approved bills are directly settled with the repairers.

Will my Insurance premium increase if I lodge a claim? 

If your vehicle is covered under a comprehensive policy, has full No Claims Bonus and covers drivers aged 25 years and over, then your insurance premium will not be affected as you would be benefitting from the Free Protected No Claims Bonus which we offer to our Comprehensive clients.  Alternatively, your no claims bonus will be affected on renewal of your insurance policy  

What information do I need to report my claim?

Be prepared to give the name of the insured, policy number, date of the loss, what caused the loss, your contact information, the severity of your loss and any witnesses 

What can I do to make the claims process easier?

Gather as much information as possible and report your loss to us as soon as possible 

How long will it take to settle my claim?

The length of time it takes to settle a claim varies according to the severity of the loss.  Every effort will be made to inspect your loss as soon as possible and to resolve the claim within a reasonable time frame